Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Empty
PostSubject: Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)   Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 12:20 am

---Player-friendliness---
-Added strategic tips and stories to some improvement imports.

-The timer for next scenario event is now paused and its window removed when game is already over.

---Gameplay---
-Big things with appropriate shapes now block sight. Includes:
Stacked residences;
Magus citadel, Short range telekinetus, Arches of Triumph, Statue of Liberty, Sniper mages & Colossus killer;
Aprotodon;
The Well;
Yamato Aprotodon;
Chaos generator, Chaotic cannon, Pillar of Doom;
Flesh Colossus.

*Terrain
-Black square tiles are no longer always unbuildable. They're now normal tiles.
-Unbuildable areas may now be in places where there aren't black squares.
-The area immediatly around the Well, and the one between the Well and the bridges around it, is now totally unbuildable.
-Areas where Luxpillars appear are now totally unbuildable.
-Watery areas are now more linked to each other.

-Removed the access between where Defenders start and the unpaved area around it.
-Added a magical bridge between each Defender's starting position and the nearest town (along with an arrow on the ground to find out).
-Villages are closer to Colossus landing sites, and to each other. They are also farther from towns.
-Towns are now noticeably larger.
-Added short range teleporters.

-Relics: totally revamped terrain & positions of towers.

*Defenders
-They can now build shipyards by using their Granturismo to build over water.
This allows them to get Guardians (war ships) with a cannon attack able to bash a Colossus.
-Granturismo is now able to repair things.

*Colossi
-Cultists can now summon blight areas near them with a spell.

-You can now toy around with a Colossus, staying in his back makes him unable to attack you or cast a spell directly at you.
This is dangerous and risky, but provides a nice mindgame and a solid tactic for surviving near a Colossus for Defenders.
-Shadow Colossus can attack air now.

-Diabolic Edict (Stygian) and Circle of Fire (Infernal) are now ultimates: they require herolevel 10 minimum. They can only be picked every 3 levels now.

-Diabolic Edict:
Less levels (6 -> 5), more manacost (400 +100/level -> 700 +75/level), higher cooldown (90 seconds -> 120).
Longer duration: timer used to start at level + 5 seconds, the first 4 doing nothing, the last 2 potentially killing. Now starts at level +7, for 4 potential kills with level 1 Edict.
Killing chance increased from 75% to 80% per strike.
Fixed & Updated tooltips.

-Circle of Fire:
Less levels (6 ->5), less circles of flames (2 ->1) with more flames per circle (16 ->30).
Flames are now medium flames (old were small ones), created farther from the Infernal (400/900 before, 1050/1300 now).
Updated all tooltips.

*Kil'Jaeden
-Rage Refill now also resets ability cooldowns for the targeted Colossus.

---Balance---
-Luxpillars based in towns are now exactly the same distance away from the Well as each other.
-Luxpillars now have fortified (building) armortype, and higher hp for both those in villages (10.000->25.000) and those in towns (25.000->60.000).

-Reduced aoe slow from common spell effects such as flames, by 5% for all 3 types.

*Defenders
**Reduced buildtime for:
-Medium (3 seconds -> 2) and huge (5 seconds -> 3) foundations;
-Archer tower (2 seconds ->1);
-Archer tower - fake: bomb (10 seconds -> 3);
-Mage tower (3 seconds->1);
-Mage tower - seeker (5 seconds ->2);
-Glorious flag (6 seconds ->1);
Updated all tooltips.

*The Well
-Reduced Guardian Angels range (600-> 350) and attack speed (cooldown 0.33 -> cooldown 0.70).

*Human people
-Increased probability to run out of the house when attacked.

*Colossi
**Reduced foodcost for:
-Pillar of Doom (20 ->12);
-Chaotic cannon (30->16);
-Colossus rematerializer (25 ->5);
-Spectre (16->12);
-Fireball (16->12);
Updated all tooltips, triggers and abilities.

-Cultist movement speed increased (150->200), and blight creation speed aswell to catch up.

-Evolved Colossus (all types) base damage is now higher (+100) than the unevolved Colossus' one.

-"Jump and crush" now has lower range (1100 +200 per level -> 800 +100/level) and cooldown (25 seconds -2/level -> 16 seconds -2/level). Updated tooltips.
-Chaos Attack's damage now increases with level (600 damage/second, now +150/level), and manacost modified (140 -15/level -> 130).
-Evanescence manacost per distance increased (now 2 times more expensive), and manacost per second aswell (10 ->15). Updated tooltip.
-Flame base range increased (800 ->1100).

*Kil'Jaeden
-Holocaust manacost increased (1000 -> 1500).
-Rage Refill cooldown changed (90 ->120 seconds) and manacost too (500 ->1000).

---Bugs---
-Fixed level 1 of Circle of Fire (Infernal) from working even before you had put skillpoints in.

-Fixed the formula for chance of scaring the villagers out of their houses. Probabilities are no longer inverted.

-Kil'Jaeden's speech upon winning is now played at the right time (no longer 5 minutes later).

-Removed "Unlock the firearms" from advanced unlocks, since it had been added to normal ones.
This probably fixes the bug allowing you to spend points on it 2 times while only once was enough to unlock it.

---Cosmetics---
-Terrain much improved.
-Signs on the floor (arrows) indicating Relic magical bridges are now bigger.
-Dramatically reduced size of the dark ground surrounding the landing positions of each Colossus and changed its shape.

-Sound volumes rebalanced for all ingame speeches and villager complaints.

-Guard towers no longer have a ground texture.

-Removed 16 doodads that could hardly be seen anyways.

---Misc---
-Removed 3 leaks in Rage Refill.
-Removed 3 leaks in Gather Army.

-Fixed some typos.

-Foodcost for Chaos players is now checked beforehand when summoning units.

-Reduced the amount of villagers and women defautly out of houses in Towns to 3 of each.

!) It was reported that using "Jump and Crush" with the Shadow Colossus on villagers near the Avatar in this version has caused a fatal error to someone.
I'd advise not using Jump and Crush with the Shadow Colossus, until i get more data so i can fix it.

unbuildable 2x2 3x3 4x4 10x10
magicalbridgeareax upped 80

Last edited by Dj0z on Sun May 02, 2010 8:51 pm; edited 61 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
Andrez

Andrez

PostSubject: Re: Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)   Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:42 pm

pretty nice Dj! Do your best job! Im rooting for you!!!
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)   Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2010 6:51 pm

Smile glad you like this version so far.
..what is rooting anyways?
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)   Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 am

Lolz why make angels weaker? As if the colossi can stand their might enough till the well is defiled O_o
Also, gonna add tha DL for KJ in this ver or?
O_o too bad diabolic edict takes more mana and has less lvls now : |
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)   Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:22 am

Burning_Iegion wrote:
Lolz why make angels weaker? As if the colossi can stand their might enough till the well is defiled O_o
Also, gonna add tha DL for KJ in this ver or?
O_o too bad diabolic edict takes more mana and has less lvls now : |
Well i was sorta disappointed by the spam of sfx when angels come and slash a Colossus, this is just to avoid perma-white-spray basically.
Also they were hitting too far, it was looking abit weird , & there was almost no time to use Grand Cross, which looks ossom, so it's a waste.

I'll add the dl for KJ aswell as more stuff for everyone, in this version. Spells, units, etc.
Also, i'm already improving the animation, a part of the gameplay, and atmosphere.
You'll soon be able to surprise a defender by popping outta the dark or run around a colossus so he can't hit you Smile .

About Edict, manacost ends up nearly the same for a set amount of kills, and this version's max level is stronger than the old one.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)   Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 12:33 am

Quote :
You'll soon be able to surprise a defender by popping outta the dark or run around a colossus so he can't hit you
xD tbh I'm doing that since the beggining xD
And kool about edict. Guess I'll use it some more now. Although it takes lotsa mana, it can kill a pillar with one shot, unlike any other spell (RoC can't hit pillaz).
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)   Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:12 am

Burning_Iegion wrote:
Quote :
You'll soon be able to surprise a defender by popping outta the dark or run around a colossus so he can't hit you
xD tbh I'm doing that since the beggining xD
And kool about edict. Guess I'll use it some more now. Although it takes lotsa mana, it can kill a pillar with one shot, unlike any other spell (RoC can't hit pillaz).
Not really... What you've done is running Near Colossi, but for example against Shadow, it's no use.
I'm talking about running around :> and i've tested with andrez earlier on, it works, and looks pretty funny Smile
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)   Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 1:38 am

I see xD
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)   Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:52 pm

Well terrain still ain't as awesome as i wanted it to be but i've just spent too much time on this version already.
I mean, if i don't stop there now, changelog will become a book lol.

So i'm releasing it now, updating the link in a couple minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)   Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Changelog 0.83 (terrain overhaul)
Page 1 of 1