Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS. Empty
PostSubject: JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS.   JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS. Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 5:28 am

It's all in the title.
I plan to transform JotO, using the current units (and terrain, just for now), heroes, and spells, into something else.

The plan is to not have free auto-spawning units in 3 lanes with autoattack like now, but something better, more original.

Your mission (if you accept it Lol Cool ):
-Find another system for both camps to get their base units (the future ex-mobs)
-Design better battlegrounds than just 3 almost straight lanes of a pure dota style.

You are allowed to:
-make big changes to the terrain, on basically all aspects of it.
-invent new unit-types, new doodad types, and even totally new concepts
-remove existing concepts from the map. Just like the AoS concept is being removed atm.

Please post the result of your brainstorm straight into the JotO forum.
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
WarriorWithin88
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
WarriorWithin88

PostSubject: Re: JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS.   JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:35 pm

Well, I currently have no systems, but I have ideas Very Happy I think that each team should either be able to vote, or have them auto-select a "Commander" This "Commander" would plot out the routes for the troops. They could say things like -left, to hug the left wall while moving, -right, for right, and -middle for middle. They could also do things like say -heros only to target heros, or -units only. The performance of this "Commander" would moderate how many troops he gets; he starts out as Novice, so he gets many units. As he progresses in skill, he gets better to "Pro" and "Godlike" eventually, and as he progresses in title he also decreases the amount of units he gets.

Ideas based off the old ass game "Hero Wars: Exiled" for anyone who remembers it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS.   JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:56 pm

:O
Ossom dude
I like it.
But I didn't get what they vote for at the start. A commander? Or everyone can choose if he is one?
God... I confused myself even more...
But yeah the commander idea is gooood. And the navigation system Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WarriorWithin88
WarriorWithin88

PostSubject: Re: JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS.   JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Yeah. I did deprive it from one of the most-played games in WC3 though, so i would assume so Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS.   JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:55 pm

Most-played?
I never heard of it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WarriorWithin88
WarriorWithin88

PostSubject: Re: JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS.   JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:00 pm

...Seriosuly? you're deprived. You have to play this game! It's been like, dead for a few years though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS.   JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JotO brainstorming needed! Make it Not an AoS.
Page 1 of 1