Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

Map Ideas

Go down 
+2
Burning_Iegion
Satsuki
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Map Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Ideas   Map Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:15 pm

For the colossi, i think resources and mana are fine already. For humans though, they have little to no meaning at the moment...
Oh and remember the time limit Will be extended by 5 minutes in 1.0
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
WarriorWithin88
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
WarriorWithin88

Map Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Ideas   Map Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:16 pm

BTW - you guys have bumped this thread 11 times so far today. Spamming me with emails!
lol, just kidding. I'm glad to see the activity spike back up
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Map Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Ideas   Map Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 5:46 pm

Lol yea i am too Smile
Back to top Go down
silent521
Chaos Colossus Helper (Fireball class)
silent521

Location : In La La land on tuesdays and atop the highest mountain on wensdays.

Map Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Ideas   Map Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:39 pm

Well mabye defenders should be able to upgrade the stats of their troops with all the extra money. Like upgrade Strength drills (+atk), Speed drills (+moventment speed), Endurance drills (+life), Technique drills (+atk speed), First aid training (+ hp regen rate) , Improve Armor Crafting (+ armor), etc (+etc). Increase Masonry (+building hp), Increase Engineering Efforts(+ Building atk speed), Spikes (+ thorns aura), Increase Tower Maintance (+ Hp/Mp rate Regen rate), Increase Magi Defences (+ resistance to magic attacks) etc. (etc).

There should be no balancing issues. Simply make them cost alot! of money and take a long time. Therefore you can only fit in a few upgrades in a game. So you gain alot at a cost of money and time.

Every game you can change your strategy.
- Mabye make weak units that hit powerfully, so you upgrade atk speed and damage and use suicidal tactics.
- Or outlast your opponent with units with high health and armor, so you increase their hp and armor.
-Another stategey could be guerilla tactics. Use just range units and up their movement speed + dmg.

This would add more strategies for the humans and i'm sure you would have no problem to balance it. This could also solve the extra money problem; mabye not completly but a step closer.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Map Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Ideas   Map Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 2:43 am

The human's money is good I think... I once didn't have enough LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Map Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Ideas   Map Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 5:19 am

silent521 wrote:
Well mabye defenders should be able to upgrade the stats of their troops with all the extra money. Like upgrade Strength drills (+atk), Speed drills (+moventment speed), Endurance drills (+life), Technique drills (+atk speed), First aid training (+ hp regen rate) , Improve Armor Crafting (+ armor), etc (+etc). Increase Masonry (+building hp), Increase Engineering Efforts(+ Building atk speed), Spikes (+ thorns aura), Increase Tower Maintance (+ Hp/Mp rate Regen rate), Increase Magi Defences (+ resistance to magic attacks) etc. (etc).

There should be no balancing issues. Simply make them cost alot! of money and take a long time. Therefore you can only fit in a few upgrades in a game. So you gain alot at a cost of money and time.

Every game you can change your strategy.
- Mabye make weak units that hit powerfully, so you upgrade atk speed and damage and use suicidal tactics.
- Or outlast your opponent with units with high health and armor, so you increase their hp and armor.
-Another stategey could be guerilla tactics. Use just range units and up their movement speed + dmg.

This would add more strategies for the humans and i'm sure you would have no problem to balance it. This could also solve the extra money problem; mabye not completly but a step closer.
Me lieks. Though i may not allow all the types you mentioned, i'll definitely use some of them.
When you think of it, Colossi can upgrade themselves. Why should humans not get better training etc?

Quote :
The human's money is good I think... I once didn't have enough LOL!!
The once part is precisely the proof that there is a problem Very Happy made me lol irl

**Oh btw, i plan on making the build process aLOT faster, and builds more costly. That would give the money a sense, and give the hero some spare time to interact with the colossus.
So he could fight the colossus, lure stuff into his own defenses, kill the summons, lead his army or whatever strategy he finds useful.
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

Location : In La La land on tuesdays and atop the highest mountain on wensdays.

Map Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Ideas   Map Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:16 am

Well I was just trying to name as many different things I could possibly think of. Great that you like it though makes me feel like i'm contributing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Map Ideas - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Map Ideas   Map Ideas - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Map Ideas
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2