Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

Drop Resistance

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hksaru

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 2:55 am

YO DJ0Z

I only played that one game but I'm certain Eywa should have an ability to resist straight-up Valkyrie drops on the Tree of Souls. Forgive me if there is already an ability with that purpose (other than that stun you mentioned) but I had something in mind to do with the magnetic field around the mountains: something like an aura that would slow the movement speed of mechanical units around the mountain, an active ability that stuns or slows mechanical units majorly, or an active aura that drains mana and majorly slows mechanical units.

Also, it appeared as if I had 100% persuasion chance as an Avatar during the game. From what I thought the max should be 50% chance (maximum Charisma is 25, and Persuasion chance is Charisma x 2).
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:27 am

That anti-mech spell idea could work, i like the vortex part.

Eywa doesn't have much to deal with mechs as of now, that's true. The stun saves her from a duel with a Mantis, but doesn't do much more.

As for Charisma, chance is tested every 0.25 seconds of the persuasion attempt. It's like you have 50% chance to succeed it, but you actually get 6 chances (6 times 50% chance) to succeed every time you cast Persuasion with max charisma.
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
Burning_Iegion
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
Burning_Iegion

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 6:53 am

Oh come on stop whining about Eywa vs mantis already, I've killed 4 mantises as eywa when someone dropped them on me. Oh and, I did it alone. Also, if that ground army you had had gotten there before I landed I might've failed. I've been in a game with people who know how to play where the avatars actually used their armies to defend eywa once we corps collected half the unobtanium. And guess what, they held out for more than an hour, I had to big bertha eywa in the end. But anyway, I hate seeing posts like "I'm certain *insert RDA/Avatar/Eywa here* should get a buff against *insert build here* because I played so well on my first game and can't imagine losing to anything.
Tell me, Hksaru, wouldn't you whine the same way if I had beaten you with mass rocketeers or mass scorpions? Or mass MLRS, Big Bertha, privates (yes it does work, ask Dj about the time when I made everyone lag out with mass privates against a hometree)? Fuck you whiny noob, you don't come with suggestions about balance if you've only played 1 fucking game. If you ever manage to pull off a valkyrie killing drop, that's when you can come talk about balance.
Back to top Go down
Hksaru

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:19 pm

First, that wasn't me bitching about units, it was my friend.

Second, you flew your mass Valkyries in a straight line across the map while I was on the Western shore and simply dropped your units onto the tree. I wouldn't want to have to camp the path to the Tree of Souls all game long to prevent a straight drop onto it, and increasing the movement speed of animals is out of the question because then they'd be F-18s. I suspect if there were other Avatars with me in that game we'd have had better map presence and been able to easily get there in time, but regardless this was a suggestion to improve the game, not a concern about balance.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2011 12:50 am

Maybe if you weren't playing for the 1st time though, you would've known you're supposed to defend eywa once I get half the unobs and also keep an eye on me and the units I make and get counters to that. It's not a balance/"requires game improvement" issue if I was turtling in my base for 50-60 minutes then suddenly showed up with the army I was hiding. That's just my strategy and any good avatar playing against me would scout it and counter it.
And suggestions to improve the game don't start with "I'm certain Eywa should", those are balance concerns.
Back to top Go down
silent521
Chaos Colossus Helper (Fireball class)
silent521

Location : In La La land on tuesdays and atop the highest mountain on wensdays.

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 pm

Quite the negative attitude Burn even if you are correct.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeFri Jul 29, 2011 1:40 am

Silence infidel lol. I have my reasons. Nice avatar btw, did you draw that?
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 12:49 am

Yes I did. I didn't know yall were playing avatar. Then again League of Legends has absorbed much of my time.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:13 am

Eveyone plays League of Legends lately... what's up with that?
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:18 am

SImply the dota effect i'd say
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:39 am

Yes I just checked it out and that has to be the gayest shit I've ever seen. It's a total DotA ripoff, even the terrain is the same. Holy cow, that's sooo lame. I hope DotA 2 destroys it as soon as it comes out.
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:16 pm

Last edited by silent521 on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:19 pm

Actually I did and it's not even they. Not the "original dota makers", it's just the guy who started DotA Allstars. But Icefrog is the real maker, DotA was nothing before him.
And no, League of Legends is not DotA 2. It's a piece of crap DotA ripoff with fancy graphics.
DotA 2 is currently being developed by Icefrog and Valve.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:25 pm

Why would you change your post like that?
An "I stand corrected" would've been enough Razz
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 1:30 pm

(I stand corrected) Well your right in a way. But league of legends took out denying, creep stacking, and items dropping on death. Also theres almost no passive abilities.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 2:06 pm

those are minor improvements. the major idea is still the same. I mean, they could've at least changed the terrain...
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 3:06 pm

They could have. But, I enjoy playing with my friends. Dota rip off or not.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2011 11:19 am

Good for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drop Resistance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drop Resistance   Drop Resistance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drop Resistance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Dj0zMaps :: WARCRAFT III - THE FROZEN THRONE :: ---A V A T A R--- :: Talk Zone-
Jump to: