Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

Eywa's intelligence

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Overmind1
Active Poster
Active Poster
The_Overmind1

Eywa's intelligence Empty
PostSubject: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:48 pm

So uh I played a game (as obsever) but all avas and eywa left so I brought the avatars to Eywa and used interact (it increased her int by 10 each time) to the point she got 2261 intelligence with 37610 mana max and like 250/sec standard mana regen. Of course it took me some time to get that much int, but nowhere near as much to kill the corps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:38 pm

I guess i should lower it some eh?
Then again, making it too low would remove any interest from it i guess.

Maybe i should add a separate ability (a Bonus?) dedicated to that, with much higher cooldown, so you're not just sitting there praying eywa all game long?
...Or simply add a cap to the bonus?
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
The_Overmind1
Active Poster
Active Poster
The_Overmind1

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 6:05 am

Not like any player would sacrifice his whole game for Eywa imo but maybe make something like, you can give her intelligence only once every 30 seconds. (Cause with interact's cd and 4 avatars I didn't take many breaks cuz of cooldown Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Faces
Flash Poster
Flash Poster
Faces

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:07 pm

Hmm wrong section IMO? Better off @ Talk Zone or Betatesting Zone.

Well let's do the math. Four avatars, each interact gives 10 int with a 4 second cooldown I believe.

1 int=15 mana cap
1 int= 0.05 mana reg/sec

2261*0.05=113.05 mana/second, not too near the 250 mana /sec. But there are other variables such as trees and powerstones.

So all avatars "praying" with max level of interact means 4*150=600 mana cap every 4 seconds. 60/4*600=9000 extra mana cap every minute.

About intelligence, 40 intelligence every 4 seconds, 40*15=600 int every minute, which is 30 mana/sec ignoring trees and stones. An extra 60*30= 1800 mana per minute by natural regeneration.

Simple math, not gona comment on the idea of skill change. I'll think about it, in the meantime Dj has some numbers to work with. Idea
Back to top Go down
The_Overmind1
Active Poster
Active Poster
The_Overmind1

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 1:46 pm

Lolol if you think it's easily recognizable at such speed... and what makes you think 1 int = 0.05 reg/sec? ^^ Oh and there's starting mana reg too.
Back to top Go down
Faces
Flash Poster
Flash Poster
Faces

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 2:35 pm

^ Eywa's starting attributes are 1:1:1, meaning her natural regeneration is 0.5hp or mana/second. The seemly high starting regen is from the trees across the planet and the skill pandora tribunal. (1% of max hp of animals/trees when they die) Dj can further explain the regen system if he desires to.
I had the guide when I bought the WC3 BattleChest, I confirmed it from the Warcraft III Classic website, unless the Classic differs from TFT.
http://classic.battle.net/war3/basics/heroes.shtml

Referencing from above website:
"Intelligence
Intellect relates to how well the Hero can control magical forces.

Mana Capacity: 1 point of Intelligence = 15 increase in Mana. Total Mana Capacity is calculated from the formula 15 * Hero's INT.
Mana Regeneration: 1 point of Intelligence = .05 points of Mana regenerated per second."

Back to top Go down
The_Overmind1
Active Poster
Active Poster
The_Overmind1

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 3:06 pm

All that can be changed in the editor.
For example you can have 1 mana regen'd per sec for each int point you have, or you can get 999 mana from each int point (well not really sure about those examples but I'm quite sure you can change them)
Back to top Go down
Faces
Flash Poster
Flash Poster
Faces

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:24 pm

Suppose we'll hear from Dj soon, not sure about what the editor can do since I am not a maker myself.But for example, one mana point for Eywa gives 999MPS, then the mana regen for avatars and RDA heroes would be 999*total intelligence. Gota confirm that possibility with Dj when he comes on. I never seen a unit with low intelligence and high mana regen without a skill, aura, item, and so on.

About the change:
If avatars don't harass the RDA bases by themselves, then humans can easily expand and hell truck half of the total unob depos, then they can go for masses of rkts, air supports, and the infamous Valkrie Mantis combo. And I can be sure that one Eywa cannot stop the humans from doing so.

TBH max mana doesn't make a difference in an at least decent competitve game. When I play as Eywa I usually spend all my mana in less than 20 seconds by rain-zap-wrath, change rain position, then zap again. I left myself with all blue skills, OOM in an instant. Avatar interact basically gives an one time bonus of 150 mana, the mana cap never gets full when a good Eywa is playing, always harass and take out strategical buildings and areas. Regeneration is the big thing for Eywa, how much mana she can get back at all times.

If we're gona change anything, then it should be tweaking with the interact. My idea is that instead of extra int, an avatar can go into a channeling state, increasing Eywa's regeneration, both hp and mana, and stays so for a certain period. Only one avatar can do so at a time.
Back to top Go down
The_Overmind1
Active Poster
Active Poster
The_Overmind1

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Nah, I'm sure about the changing what every stat gives, cuz I've done that myself.
I like that channeling idea, but really, that could make it pretty impossible for corps (as long as the spell isn't underpowered), I bet it'll need quite some balancing. Still, I approve.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeFri Aug 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Moved the topic to the appropriate section.

EDIT: and now that i've read what you guys said, here are the answers:

INT stat
Like Mind said, it can be customized, and it is (i will change the interface text to add the details ingame, so that players know exactly what they get from it).
It works this way: 1 INT point adds 10 mana cap and 0.10 mana regen per second in Avatar. I was surprised too when i found out the mana regen is Not percentage-based, but that's just how it is.
So with 2261 int, you get 22610 extra mana cap, and +261 mana per second (yea, imba).
AT this rate an eywa could possibly zap the f*ck out of every corp big building and worker in minutes, leaving them unable to build anything anymore, before finishing off troops with endless castings of Rain+Lightning Strike and Swarm and green martyr etc...

Solution
The best option so far seems to be a channeling spell with long cooldown giving eywa either direct mana (easier balance) or INT but it would need a cap. That way, praying Avatars wouldn't stand around eywa all game long, but instead they could just come back every time cooldown is over to focus their playstyle on boosting eywa, without sacrificing all their time.
Back to top Go down
The_Overmind1
Active Poster
Active Poster
The_Overmind1

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 5:39 am

xP so I really was near the 250 hehe
Lol Dj0z I was actually using Wrath of Pandora just to get cd off The Rain and relocate it...
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitimeSat Aug 21, 2010 8:13 am

That's what Eywas with too much mana do i guess. I've way increased the manacost of lightning strike in 0.45 though, eywa needs to have less "direct" ways to beat exactly what she wants whenever she wants.
I mean seriously, if she's loaded with mana and decided that "this mantis/armorbay/airbase/whatever must die Now, well it does die Now. and It's too guaranteed atm.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eywa's intelligence   Eywa's intelligence Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eywa's intelligence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Dj0zMaps :: WARCRAFT III - THE FROZEN THRONE :: ---A V A T A R--- :: Talk Zone-
Jump to: