Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

New suggestion: Elemental dragons

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ElMicha
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
ElMicha

New suggestion: Elemental dragons Empty
PostSubject: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:50 pm

cba to tell why or how i came to think of it, il go straight at it: Dragons that can be gotten for your main techtree

The idea is that there would somehow be possible to get dragons that can in some way be converted to different kinds, depending on the main techtree you choose, or which you choose the dragon to be.

scratch suggestions:
Science - Bronze dragon
Nature - Green dragon
Darkness - Black dragon
Magic - Red dragon
Alchemy - Faerie dragon

idea of skills:

Bronze dragon
Can settle down to a nest on the ground, that acts like a tempoarily gold mine giving extra income | Gives off an aura that grants all buildigns in range a minor health regen bonus | a classical cannon nuke that has splash damage

Green dragon
Can spawn single-lifetime trees for harvest | Gives off an aura that grants units 15% movement speed and 10% attack speed | Teleport 12 units from a target location to the location of the dragon

Black dragon
Blasts an area with blight, healing allied undead units and making weak skeletons of corpses | Generates an aura that reduces enemy units armor | Dark imbued fire breath that lights an are of fire, dealing damage over time and slowing units, but unlethal to buildings

Red dragon
Settles down in a nest from where it can cast siphon mana over a great range, either draining mana or giving mana to allies | Generates a mana regen aura to nearby units | Dancing fire breath that creates lava spawns, similiar to the firelords summon

Faerie dragon (Because alchemy doesnt match up to the others as well as other techtrees, the faerie dragon may be superior to the others)
Can create pillars that with an working alcehmist in it, grants passively a minor gold and lumber income | grants an aura that slightly increases damage, armor, hp regen and movement speed | Can cast a combo spell of mana burn and siphon mana, means deals damage equal to the amount of mana, and also gains it | Can transform into a tempoarily orb that can strike somewhat strong lightning over a fairly good area, giving a superiority in ground fights, but unable to resist against long range or air

This idea, in itself, is open to be worked on
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 1:29 am

Nuuuuuuuuuuu
Dragons would make it too... annoying... like if it's really realistic then they should have like 10k hp and lots of damage (chaos) which would make everyone aim to get them and not pay attention to the other things. Also, it would become too non realistic.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:31 am

Sounds entertaining... Needs more original skills overall but thats a detail.
I have more comments to make on this but i just woke up and i got a damned flu + i gotta go to school, so i'll brb for other details.
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
ElMicha
ElMicha

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:51 am

Burning_Iegion wrote:
Nuuuuuuuuuuu
Dragons would make it too... annoying... like if it's really realistic then they should have like 10k hp and lots of damage (chaos) which would make everyone aim to get them and not pay attention to the other things. Also, it would become too non realistic.

They dont have to be realistic do they?
Theres allready lots thats unrealistic in the game, and a additional creature to tame wouldnt make much difference for the fantacy.

also, weaknesses for the dragons could be open, and it would be ideal to only have 1 dragon per player, and non revivable (Though some fancy dragon graves when they die could be nice)
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:55 am

Mmm so, now that i'm back... i still got this heavy flu on myself and the long day got me tired.
So i'll be quick.

General idea fits. There are no dragons in RD yet, and they'd be kool.
Techtree related idea is ok. Means there would also be a no-techtree type, not sure you mentioned that.
I'd rather put the faerie superior one as a dragon you can get only when you have All techtrees.

Correct me if i'm wrong: you make a dragon with no type, then you make him specialize into one of the list in ur post?
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Hmm I start thinking good of all that.
Quote :
you make a dragon with no type, then you make him specialize into one of the list in ur post?
Perhaps it would depend on the techtree. Magic - faerie, Science - (hmm, dragon mage?), Darkness - Shadow dragon, Nature - (No idea), Alchemy - Alchemist...?
Like, every techtree has a building needed for a dragon evolution. And you can have max 2 dragons that can for example become a faerie dragon and a shadow dragon then (let's use the word fuse...) fuse into a mega strong drake (can't think of a name but you're good at that so I'll leave it up to you for names xD).
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:54 pm

Not too sure that this is what Elmicha meant..
Back to top Go down
silent521
Chaos Colossus Helper (Fireball class)
silent521

Location : In La La land on tuesdays and atop the highest mountain on wensdays.

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:45 pm

How about a dragon is just a unit and each tech tree benefits it in some way. There should only be one dragon. For example and because of my ideas a dragon will be a ground based with fire breath spell and reasonble stats.

Science- "By studing the dragon you can learn how to train, properly feed, and take care of your dragon." Upgrades in this tech tree will raise your dragons hp, atk rate, and armor to great lengths.You can give your dragon an aura out of a selection of auras.(counts as the spell for this tech tree)

Nature- "By the knowledge of nature you can attune yourself with your dragon and it's needs." Upgrades in this tree give you dragon a mass healing spell, better hp/mp regen. You can also upgrade your dragon with wings to make him be a flying unit.

Darkness- "By showing your dragon to the darker path it becomes more ruthless and dangerous to all." Your dragons atk can be upgraded to do more dmg. You can turn fire breath into decaying breath. Also you can upgrade his Hp regen to great lengths.

Magic- "You fuse your dragon with knowledge and power of magic to make him a deadly war machine." Your dragon can learn two spells.(One different spell for each kind of bookshelf) Also you can upgrade your dragon's breathe making it cast magic effects(Like slow, freeze, drain, burn, and etc. limited choice of mabye 2-3 effects)

Alchemy
- "With your knowledge of Alchemy you are able to craft items powerful enough for your dragon to use." You can make an assortment of various items.(items only usable by the dragon)

Sum Up
Normal dragon(what it starts with)
Good health, Fire Breath(spell), and is a ground unit

Science- stat upgrades/aura
Nature- stat upgrades/mass healing spell/become a flying unit
Darkness- stat upgrades/Fire breath-> Decaying breath
Magic- 2 spells/ atk effects(like orbs or something)
Alchemy- Craft items
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:53 pm

This way if you only take one tree you get a different dragon than others, but the more tech trees you research into the stronger your dragon can get.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Yeah and the dragon again becomes the ultimate unit which can't be fought.
Though I like the idea.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 4:49 am

Hmm there are 2 things i don't like too much in sile's version:
-Not all dragons can fly (while they should)
-Since he benefits from each tech tree, the dragon will not change color.
->I'd like to make use of the ingame dragon models and their cute specific colors. Imagine that golden dragon fighting the black one in the skies over reach other's army.

I also just remebered that there are youngster versions of the dragons in W3. It would be nice to find some use for them, such as "the dragon starts young, then he grows up".
Actually, i also just remembered that there is exactly such a mechanism in JOTO (the Dawn dragon (small, ground, weak) evolves into the Sun dragon (strong, air, big).
So i'll just use this mechanism for all dragons.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 5:28 am

mmkay sounds good.
About the flying dragons, perhaps you can research an upgrade for the dragon flying?
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:39 pm

Well I never said my idea was perfect. Just change what you don't like. Plus you could always choose a dragon. Say like each one has something different about it.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 9:53 pm

Lols we already kinda did that, silent.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 4:29 am

We'll just take the best from each brainstorm post and mix it up for a great result, as usual Smile
Back to top Go down
ElMicha
ElMicha

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 9:39 am

you were correct in the first reply djoz, only one dragon per player, maybe make use of the third (f3) hero hotkey even.

and they may be started as neutral dragons, thats one of the ways i thought of it being possible to get them. And when you remind me about the smaller dragons, how about there being some sort of dragon next (argueably 2) which is protected by a mighty mother dragon or something, and you gota get a dragon egg out of the next, then make the dragon grow up while, maybe, it is connected with a builder of your chose techtree.

Making an example:
you got a get an army of archers to keep the dragon busy while your secondary king goes into the nest and carries an egg out again. He brings his egg back to the base and lets it hatch next to a naturalist, and so the dragon becomes a baby dragon of the nature type, for then to eventualy becoming an adult nature dragon.

Maybe the naturalist should eventualy become the person to mount the dragon?
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 6:04 pm

Theres interesting matter in this, though for playability purposes as usual, we'll have to keep it as simple as possible.
The only thing i'd point out is that noone should mount the dragon because theres no mounted dragon model, and it wouldn't really be needed since all animals in RD can already act by themselves, the mounting feature being an advanced part to get better units.
While i'm saying that it makes me wanna play a RD where i'd make an army of wolves and aprotodons lol. I really need to add that bird research so they can drop stones on ground things...
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 12:37 am

Uh, why not. maybe not all of them though. This belongs in another topic though.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:33 am

Hey hey don't stop discussing cause of a single sentence!
... I'll delete it if I have to.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 2:57 pm

Lol no if i'm not talking it's simply because i have nothing new to add for now Smile
And also i'm kinda busy.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 12:55 am

Lol mkay.
Everyone else, keep the brainstorm up!
Back to top Go down
manus100
Power poster
Power poster

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:43 am

OMG DRAGONS!!!/IM ONLINE!!!! xD
sounds cool x)
but i dont think it is gonna work that well o.O
(i dont know that much about jazz or stuff like that)
but it sounds cool, but i dont want to see a dragon in action o.O (scary picture of the white killer rabit)
cuz it has to be kept realistic (if u ask me...)
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:40 pm

Nice to see you back around Very Happy
Even though i don't understand half of what you said lol.
Back to top Go down
manus100
Power poster
Power poster

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:47 pm

Tha because im hyper on lemonade xP and playing very oldschool pokemon atm xD

well... The dragons has to be realistic... But still not way to ower powered... * the white killer rabit from Monty Phyton's "the holy grail" picture* but i dont think it is a good idea to have a "dragon pet" the one with the dragon owns every one else -.-'
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:14 am

The idea is too interesting for me not to think about it at all anyways.
I'll just make it long or difficult (in a good manner) enough for it to be balanced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New suggestion: Elemental dragons   New suggestion: Elemental dragons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New suggestion: Elemental dragons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Dj0zMaps :: WARCRAFT III - THE FROZEN THRONE :: ---Rival Dynasties--- :: Talk Zone-
Jump to: