Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

LOL 5/5 O.O?!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 1:39 pm

Zomagawd, there are already 2 people who actually gave the map 5/5 for a rating on epicwar (and i didnt rate yet)...
Guys if it is you, please let me know... It's just that, ya know, the map is leaky,
some features simply don't work because i broke them when i started half-revamping the game for better performance, balance etc
and i mean... not that the map aint good, cuz its fun to play, but just i wasnt expecting that, ya know?
So plz tell me.
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 5:15 am

Then that emans it want any of u guys... interesting, i didnt think 2 random people over the web would rate this a 5/5.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
Burning_Iegion

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:16 pm

Well sometimes when I look at a map and see the terrain and description I say "This has to be a cool map" and dl it then vote 4 or 5 and play it when I have time.
And if I wanna change my vote I'm just lazy to do it.

Perhaps they're doing the same? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:33 am

I doubt that, since the map doesnt even have a custom minimap (it shows the ingame minimap with units as dots etc) neither a custom loading screen.
Now maybe it was just the "magic vs technology" thing and they said W00t this must be great!
Or, mb they just loved their hero... who knows. must be the only part really nice about this.

Anyways burn, give the brainstorming a shot please, i need to remake JotO.
I give it such exposure because JotO is much easier to fix, than CC is easy to do anything on it lol.
CC is such a huge map, coding sessions that actually give results take around 5 hours straight... i don't have this kind of spare time before my exams :/
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:09 am

Yeah I know that atm CC will be harder to improve... But I didn't really understand what you meant... :/
Wait... lemme read again Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:14 am

Quote :
It's all in the title.
I plan to transform JotO, using the current units (and terrain, just for now), heroes, and spells, into something else.

The plan is to not have free auto-spawning units in 3 lanes with autoattack like now, but something better, more original.

Your mission (if you accept it Lol ):
-Find another system for both camps to get their base units (the future ex-mobs)
-Design better battlegrounds than just 3 almost straight lanes of a pure dota style.

You are allowed to:
-make big changes to the terrain, on basically all aspects of it.
-invent new unit-types, new doodad types, and even totally new concepts
-remove existing concepts from the map. Just like the AoS concept is being removed atm.

Please post the result of your brainstorm straight into the JotO forum.
so... If I got right what you mean, you need a new way for the units to spawn/come?
Well I know it's not very original, but why don't you make the first 2 waves spawn normally and from then on they have something like raises dead.
I mean that there's 1 red unit and 1 green unit. Red unit wins and the green unit gets revived, healed and converted to the red team. Hmm? Now I gtg for a while so the other brainstorming will come in a few hours Razz
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:02 am

Well, i rather totally remove the wave spawning thing.
You know, like, what about they convert the local population to their cause, or they try to convert the other side's non-fighting people, and then they tell them to join the army and they become a village that sends soldiers forthe players to use.., or whatever....... ya know, anything totally different from an AoS.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:30 am

Hmm I didn't understand very correctly... or atleast I guess so.
But if that's what you meant about the population (small villages everywhere and you try to make the villagers fight for you) then yeah that's a good idea.
What about you have to give like 500 gold (meaning to buy swords, shields, armor and paying the vilagers who fight) with one click and you get umm... 10/15/20 footmen?
And you can also give 1000 gold (to buy swords, shields, armor, horse and paying the villies to fight) with one click and get 10/15/20 knights?
And 1500 gold for snipers/riflemen?
But you can only use one of those.
I know it's a silly idea but that's the first thing that came to my mind... actually it was coming while I was writing lol.
I'll think about an other system of getting troops but now I have to study a bit (10 mins)
If you wanna play, come to azeroth!
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:39 pm

hmmm i think i quite get the idea; While the ida itself sounds not so good, it gives me an idea.

What about small villages scattered around the map bla bla, of different sizes (and costs), and when you "buy" one, it starts sending soldiers for the buying player.
That buying player either owns (or not) the units (you guys tell me which is better), the point being in using them to attack the enemy towns.
Towns would be like 2 houses and a dozen peasants (to keep it simple), and if all their peasants are killed then the village ( = the houses) is captured by the killing side?
I dunno if the houses should be invul... tell me what you think this far.
Back to top Go down
silent521
Chaos Colossus Helper (Fireball class)
silent521

Location : In La La land on tuesdays and atop the highest mountain on wensdays.

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:42 pm

Yall know this sounds much like some form of fuedalism. Taking villages then they send men to fight resembles the king giving knights land to take control of and in return sending military when needed.

(If i'm off track it's because I haven't played JotO)
*new form of gaining troops
You can make it to where you have to have peasants for to make troops. Like make an ability called "arm a foot man" that has to be casted onto a peasant only and cost so much money. This way it is important to keep your peasants alive and add a little strategy or something.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:21 pm

Yeah Dj that's a cool idea. I think houses shouldn't be invul. And you shouldn't capture peasants. The other side can only recapture if they pay them more lol.
But the peasants should end.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:24 am

@silent: you, my friend, obviusly haven't played Rival Dynasties yet Cool , because you're suggesting suite exactly the system used in RD for JotO. And that cannot work, ofc :/
Besides, this kind of system (just like most the ones in RD) is more micro-intensive than i wish. I don't wanna make JotO as hard as RD in any way, it should remain a fun party that even noobs who never played anything but an aos can enjoy in less than 5 minutes.

Burn what you mean by "the peasants should end?"
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:45 am

Lol
I had to go to school so I typed it fast lol.
I mean that they should die and the village should be empty for a while meaning you have to wait like 10 mins so they raise children who fight lol
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:53 am

it's an idea... i didnt fall in in <3 with, but it could work :/
Keep the brainstorm going...
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:31 pm

Oops, sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:51 am

o.o?
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:44 pm

About my idea dur!
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 11:17 pm

Lol it's not your fault...
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 12:53 am

Lol sile, there's no way you can be allowed to feel sorry for having suggested your ideas in a BRAINSTORM thread Very Happy
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:56 am

Meh, I just did. Smile
Back to top Go down
WarriorWithin88
WarriorWithin88

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 12:17 pm

I think we should be able to go all "LULDRAFT." and turn all villagers in a selected area into footmen. This way, their not completely defenseless. But, then again, they would be the weakest unit in teh game.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:33 pm

Footmen, nah. militia could work however. i like that idea. plz pm me that, atm im too lazy to open the map and write it.
Back to top Go down
WarriorWithin88
WarriorWithin88

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:51 pm

Err, did I footmen? I meant minuet men, basically militia, lol.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 6:30 am

K its cool now.
Back to top Go down
silent521
silent521

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 7:12 pm

Hmm I really feel you should just start over and leave your failed/ non-wanted Aos dead. Honestly all Aos maps are the same, and very repeatative. The only difference is heros and who gets the uber items first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LOL 5/5 O.O?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL 5/5 O.O?!   LOL 5/5 O.O?! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LOL 5/5 O.O?!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Dj0zMaps :: WARCRAFT III - THE FROZEN THRONE :: Judgement of the Order ( ex- Rise of Mianthra [RoM] ) :: General (JotO)-
Jump to: