Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

Medium-seized problems

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cassus
Chaos Colossus Helper (Fireball class)

Medium-seized problems Empty
PostSubject: Medium-seized problems   Medium-seized problems Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:14 pm

It's weird, when the angels arrive the game is basically over, but the angels can't deal the killing blow. Is there a reason for that?

More importantly, the "Colossus Death" cinematics do not pause action on the map (or timers). In the time it takes to watch a cinematic, a colossus can kill a beacon or a human hero-- I saw (well, didn't see because I was watching a cinematic) the latter happen myself.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Medium-seized problems   Medium-seized problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:15 am

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cassus

PostSubject: Re: Medium-seized problems   Medium-seized problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:31 am

I find your response disconcerting. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Medium-seized problems   Medium-seized problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 2:56 am

You do? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Medium-seized problems   Medium-seized problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:22 am

Mmm... the latter shouldnt be able to happen, because during a death scene, only the "unkillability" of that death scene's victim is cancelled.
That means all heroes are still theoretically unkillable while a death scene is running. Besides, the killer hero in the deeath scene is made invulnerable until it ends.

If you could send me the replay that would be helpful.

About the action continuing to go on during death scenes, i think it ain't This disturbing personally, but if you do, let me know.
I was just thinking an army going somewhere ont he map shouldnt stop to watch a deathscene happening possibly at the opposite side of the map, as it would make no sense and delay the action.
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Medium-seized problems   Medium-seized problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 10:00 am

Yes... Since all the heroes are still immortal they shouldn't be able to die. And in a movie, when someone dies that doesn't mean the others are frozen...
Though... what will happen if a colo is about to die and a human attacks him (activates the cinematic) and untill the cinematic goes another colossus gets to 1 hp and a human is lucky to be close and attacks him (automatically)?
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Medium-seized problems   Medium-seized problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:13 am

Well this last scenario never was possible either, because when the death scene ends, i added a "cooldown" to it of 8 seconds, meaning if by any chance you have 1 hp and u're hit by a hero before that "cooldown" is over, nothing happens to you.

You can check it out by playing 0.66 in the oberver slot, the triggers are sending codes to the observer to tell him how the process is running.
When the death scene cooldown is over, this message: "_betatest note: Death is re-possible_" will pop up Smile (only for player brown, though).

However i warn you it could get annoying, because you also get a message whenever the invul for any hero fires, which means whenever someone is able to be Death scened and he takes ANY damage, you'll have a popup :p
It doesnt bother me becuz it has a use to me, but for u guys i think its gonna be a pain lulz.
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Medium-seized problems   Medium-seized problems Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:52 pm

Very Happy well that's good... and about the observer - I'll get used to it, gonna be it half of the summer.I just hope that the colossi aren't noobs and the humans aren't prosmspamming sniper towers and archers the first time I play. I don't wanna lag from popups. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Medium-seized problems   Medium-seized problems Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Medium-seized problems
Page 1 of 1