Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

Good news: Tutorial minigames.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Good news: Tutorial minigames. Empty
PostSubject: Good news: Tutorial minigames.   Good news: Tutorial minigames. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2010 6:49 pm

The new tutorial system, allowing each player to go through the minigames at his own rythm, works fine as far as i could test it.

Players will have 2 minutes, during which they may spend all the time they need on each tutorial.
When those 2 minutes are over, game starts as usual.

I will finish generalizing it to all minigame tutorials soon. It's taking longer than i expected due to the need to change many things in the mechanisms of each single tutorial.

This system had been much requested, it should help players to get started significantly.
It will be featured in RD 0.99k, along with some gameplay simplifying changes.
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
Burning_Iegion
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Good news: Tutorial minigames.   Good news: Tutorial minigames. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 5:52 am

Yuh the system is koool.
Although 2 mins is a bit too short... I think.
let people think dude lolz.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Good news: Tutorial minigames.   Good news: Tutorial minigames. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 11:15 am

I just made the sum of allowed times for the previous tuto system, it was approximately 2 mins.
If people find it too short, i'll extend it ofc.

I'm gonna try and finish that thing right now (at least, start now >.>), so that i can hopefully host at the hours i mentioned in the beta testers forum.
Back to top Go down
Garanas
Flash Poster
Flash Poster
Garanas

PostSubject: Re: Good news: Tutorial minigames.   Good news: Tutorial minigames. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Dj0z wrote:
I just made the sum of allowed times for the previous tuto system, it was approximately 2 mins.
If people find it too short, i'll extend it ofc.

I'm gonna try and finish that thing right now (at least, start now >.>), so that i can hopefully host at the hours i mentioned in the beta testers forum.

Well, I should extend it to 2:30 minutes, and make an option before the game starts, if the host wants this or not (incase when it's an IH game)
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

PostSubject: Re: Good news: Tutorial minigames.   Good news: Tutorial minigames. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 1:06 pm

That's what -skiptuto (-st) is for.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

PostSubject: Re: Good news: Tutorial minigames.   Good news: Tutorial minigames. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:03 am

Yeah 2:30 is fine I think. But you should ask a first-time-player... after he completes the tuto or fails.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good news: Tutorial minigames.   Good news: Tutorial minigames. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good news: Tutorial minigames.
Page 1 of 1