Welcome to Dj0zMaps
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Dj0zMaps

Home of all my Starcraft and Warcraft maps

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
--- Halted mapping. ---

Discuss here

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:00 pm

About anything you want related to Rival Dynasties.
Back to top Go down
https://dj0zmaps.forumotion.com
Burning_Iegion
Chaos Colossus Helper (Colossus class)
Burning_Iegion

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:26 pm

Since you started to fix JotO too, why don't you finish RD?
It was a really good map, though the king was pretty strong to destroy our whole base alone lol
I liked everything in it though, except that it would have wasted 4 hours if the crash didn't appear at the third Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:51 am

I don't wanna be rude with saying this but I think that RD is MUCH better than JotO
Ahhh gotta go to class, I'm at school
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:26 am

To Be Honest, i also think that RD is better than JotO.
RD is my 3rd map, and when you look closely, the quality of the map increases as time passes, since i get better at mapping and i understand better which concepts are the most fun.

Then the order from the less fun map to the most fun is the same as the chronological order:
JotO < GD < RD < CC! Smile

Yet, sine i plan to revive them, using my new coding skills and my new point of view, who knows what could happen lol. (i still think CC will stay the best tbh.)
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:05 am

Well I've never been an aos type so if you really make it something else I might play it too.
And I don't think that CC will remain the coolest since in RD there are 10x more things to do.
But games such as RD are too uuhhh... idk the word... are too-hard-to-play for me (doesn't mean I won't play it, just I'll be a noob) so CC will remain the funnest for me.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:00 am

Yep RD has more you can do in it, and much more unpredictable ending, but will remain the type of game only people wih the hardacore love of the detail/strategy will play.
Because even when i'll make it simpler (which is as soon as i restart working on it), it has quite a number of aspects that te newcomer just canNOT masterize rightaway, and that he might even be never aware of.

CC on the other side is for the massive, purely action-styled battle. This makes sure noone gets bored at any time (xcept the few start mins for now ) and that whatever your level is, you still can do something good and have fun.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:17 am

Well I have a feeling that CC is catching to RD (in complicateness) since you're adding a faerie, battle between Kil and the Well, defenders are already pretty hard to play as.
Though CC will always be simple to me, unlike RD. Dunno why though. Maybe cuz I was here when there weren't so many things as now and I was taking things slowly so I remembered them well enough.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:47 pm

About CC, yea i think that's what is happening to you.
This process is the reason why i made RD so complicated. BAck at the time i invented RD, i was taking o break, i had no life except for mapping it and doing some freerun around.
The result is that i was almost inventing a new concept/system every couple days. I had regular testers, so they would not notice the increasing difficulty either.

Then i took a loooong break and when i came back, it took me one WHOLEday just to understand what the hell of a mess it was. I mean, i first just wanted to play it, i hosted it, and once ingame, i couldn't find what to do MYSELF :O
That was the revelation. After that analyzing day, i spent the week removing craploads of requirements, menus and stuff that was complicating the map for no good at all. This simplifying phase is still going on today lol.

That's the reason why i have to make breaks and play/develop other maps, because when you're too into one, you just can't have a correct look at it anymore, no matter how honestly you think you're trying.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Well I think that for you it's the hardest to understand if the map is complicated or not for this same reason - you edit it and know what can be done and how to do it. But well, if you forget all that... :/
I think that you should add something to the quests like "what can be done and how to"
And there explain EVERYTHING (which is gonna take alot of time lol) and people might try to test things out and then they'll learn Smile
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:37 am

Well that's what i do already. There must be like 1 people out of 14 who checks out the quest menu though.
All others just ask directly, especially when they're aware the maker is ingame. Which i can understand.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:43 am

Hmm... not if you tell them to look at the quests. Put something on the loading screen.
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:34 am

Might work.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Well I've seen alot of tips saying I should look at the quests (not just in CC, in many maps) but I never looked even though I didn't know what to do lol
But if you put something like "The game is really hard to play the first time so you better etc)
Back to top Go down
Dj0z
Admin
Admin
Dj0z

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:17 pm

I personally only check the F9 when i fee like i don't understand anything, and when i also feel that i won't be spending too much time and being left too far behind by reading it.
Back to top Go down
Burning_Iegion
Burning_Iegion

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:48 pm

And I think that reading F9 is just making me lose precious time lol (dunno why, it's useful after all)
I usually feel like I'll soon understand what to do and how to do it soon lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Discuss here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discuss here   Discuss here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discuss here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Dj0zMaps :: WARCRAFT III - THE FROZEN THRONE :: ---Rival Dynasties--- :: Talk Zone-
Jump to: